Watercolour Brush Lettering
Ever wondered how to go about creating your own works of art with brush lettering? What tools and supplies are needed? How do I begin? In this workshop, we will start with the basics so you can get a good understanding of brush lettering techniques. Complete beginners welcome!
19 Aug 2017, 11:30am – 3:00pm
23 Sep 2017, 11:30am – 3:00pm
• Learn the basic strokes that make up the foundation of basic letterforms as well as the technique to connect letters to form words
• Learn to work with paint consistency and flow
• Tips on how to layout and compose a simple project that expresses your creativity
What to Bring/Prepare
All materials will be provided.
• A thoughtfully curated Starter Kit consisting of a Letter Guide and Practice Sheets, Watercolour Brush, 2 mini bottles of Ecoline Watercolour, paint palette and all of your work from the workshop plus a final project demonstrating your skills.
• Lots of hands-on experience under the guidance of our instructor to inspire your ongoing practice.
• Rad new skills to show off to your friends.
Brenda-Mae is Type + Sundry’s lettering instructor who has always been into artsy things such as scrapbooking and she has been lettering since 2014. What initially started out as artistic exploration, turned into a passion marrying words and art.