Modern Logo Design 2
This workshop is a continuation of Modern Logo Design 1. Here, you will strengthen your basics and be introduced to new tools on Adobe Illustrator. With the introduction to path variations, you will be able to create more artworks.
- How modern logos are created
- Tips and guides to create modern logos using only text and simple shapes
- Design thinking
- 6 steps to get started with logo design
- Proper use of guides, layers and alignment
- Effect of basic character metrics
- Create your own logo
- Importance of colour and selection
What to Bring/Prepare
- Mouse that’s compatible to Apple if you really hate using a trackpad
- Bring your own laptop (with Illustrator installed) if you want
Materials Provided during Workshop
- Laptop with Adobe Illustrator CC
- Writing kit
- Handouts to take home
This workshop focuses on precision and colour. Using what’s taught, you will take home your finished personal / business logo in a printed format.
Upon graduation from Temasek Polytechnic Business School, Avenue Studio’s founder, Ellis Chen, took a leap of faith and went to San Francisco to pursue her creative interest. At the Academy of Art University, she experienced new learning styles that were much more engaging, and motivating. Her take-home was way more than expected. After 5 years of majoring in Web Design and New Media, she started her freelance career.
In the past four years, Ellis has serviced clients with her design; been awarded with a M.B.A. in Luxury Brand Management where she learnt and breathed the behaviours of the luxury world while living in Paris; produced events for luxury clients like Louis Vuitton, Dior and Chanel; is ACTA certified (Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment) with the essential skills and knowledge to deliver training and assessment.